olive cheese bread



First off, hope your Christmas was filled with love and I wish you all the best in the year to come!

Originally, I was planning on posting about some wholesome spelt bread to balance out all the sugary deliciousness I consumed over the Christmas holidays. But I couldn't resist putting this recipe for Olive Cheese Bread up because it is SO amazing. I made some last night to have with my Season 1 Gossip Girl marathon, which turned out to be a magical combination. I found this recipe some time ago at thepioneerwoman.com , which is a fabulous blog that I highly recommend. Sometimes if I'm reading it at work (on my lunch, of course), I have to put my hand over my mouth to stop the sound of laughter from echoing through the cubicles; it's that funny. So many great recipes too!



I served the Olive Cheese Bread with some dates and raisins so the sweetness of the dried fruit would balance out the salty of the olives. I tried to make the presentation look appealing, and failed. Photography is not my forte, but luckily eating is!

So if you're trying to work off those holiday pounds, this recipe isn't for you. But then I don't agree with diets anyway, so I won't tell...
...For anyone interested in the spelt bread, I'll be posting that next! :)

Olive Cheese Bread

Ingredients:

1 loaf French bread, sliced lengthwise
6 ounces Green Olives, with pimentos
6 ounces Black Olives
2 Green Onions
1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
3/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated (I usually use Mozzarella since it's often what I have on hand)

Method:

Preheat oven to 325F.
Roughly chop green and black olives. Thinly slice green onions.
Combine butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives, and green onions in a medium size bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined. Spread mixture evenly on both slices of French bread and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese has melted. At this point I like to broil it for a bit until the cheese starts to brown.

Slice and serve! Yummy in your tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment