cream biscuits


These are the easiest biscuits I have ever made. These are the most delicious biscuits I have ever tasted. These little guys are so simple and tasty I can't think of much else to write about!

The only thing I would change next time I make these would be to shape the dough into a circle rather than a rectangle, as it instructs in the recipe, so they turn out looking like the more traditional biscuits I know.
I also should have spaced them a little further apart, but I'm not superficial, they were beautiful in my eyes.

Make this recipe your own by adding ingredients like cheddar cheese or dried fruit or anything else that inspires you!

cream biscuits (courtesy of The Kitchn)

ingredients:

2 cups spelt flour
2 1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (divided)

method:

Preheat over to 425F and place a layer of parchment paper across the bottom and up the sides of an 8"x8" pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until combined. Stir in all but 1/4 cup of the cream. Dump onto a floured work surface and add the remainging cream to the dry bit left in the bowl. Scrape out and add to dough already on the work surface. Knead briefly (30 seconds) until the dough comes together.

Shape dough into a long rectangle and cut in half length-wise; then cut each piece into four pieces horizontally. Place the biscuits in the pan, leaving a little space in between each so they have room to grow. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment